1998 Paper I:
1. Calcium channel blockers: members, therapeutic uses and adverse effects.
2. Discuss drugs Bioavailability and drug plasma protein binding.
3. Compare between clonidine and prazosin as regard the pharmacological actions and
4. Theophylline: pharmacokinetics, clinical uses and precautions.
5. Aminoglycosides: pharmacokinetics, therapeutic uses and adverse effects.
6. Sulfonylurea: generations, contraindications and adverse effects.
7. Oral anticoagulants: mechanism of action and drug interactions
8. Classify antidepressants according to their mechanism of action. State the therapeutic uses
and adverse effects of one group.
54 Paper II
1. Treatment of oraganophosphorus poisoning
2. Mention four drugs having atropine-Iike action.
3. Enumerate the drug used in treatment of Parkinsonism.
4. Mention four drugs that release histamine.
5. Colchicine uses and toxicity.
6. Therapeutic uses of morphine
7. Adverse effects of phenothiazines.
8. Therapeutic uses of benzodiazepines.
9. Adverse effects of famotidine.
10. Compare potency of different H2 receptor antagonists.
11. Mention antibiotics used in acute diarrhea.
12. In gastro-esophygeal reflux disease the following drug is more effective while
is less effective.
13. Mention drugs increasing prostaglandin production in peptic ulcer therapy.
14. Classify diuretics according to their potency (natriuretic capacity)
15. is a diuretic that is used in acute renal failure because
16. Four adverse effects of diuretics.
17. is a drug of choice in treatment of assymptomatic amoebiasis, this drug should
be combined with in treatment of acute intestinal amoebiasis.
18. is antiviral drug acts by inhibition of viral DNA polymerase while acts
by inhibition of reverse transcriptase.
19. Glucocorticoids inhibit prostaglandin synthesis through inhibition of enzyme.
And is the drug of choice in treatment of acute adrenal insufficiency.
20. Enumerate four drugs used in treatment of fungal infection.