1. Atenolol: pharmacokinetics, pharmacological actions, therapeutic uses and adverse effects.
2. Choose two drugs commonly used in treatment of myasthenia gravis. And discuss its
3. Give the therapeutic uses and adverse effects of the following:
4. Give short account on the mechanism of action, indications, uses members and side effects of
potassium sparing diuretics.
5. Antitussive: classification with examples, advantages, disadvantages of each group.
6. Lithium: indications and side effects.
7. The pencillins:
a) Mechanism of antimicrobial action.
b) Classification, preparation and dose.
c) Adverse effects and how can be treated or prevented.
d) Therapeutic indication.
8. Aminoglycosides: mechanism of action, members, and adverse effects.
9. Discuss in details blood derivatives and plasma expanders.
10. Discuss preparations and therapeutic uses of insulin. Paper II
1. Mention pharmacological action of a narcotic prescription.
2. What is meant by 1st pass metabolism? Give examples.
3. Therapeutic use of clonidine.
4. Effects mediated by Bl activation. Give examples for one selective agonist and one selective
5. Classify cholinergic receptors and their antagonists.
6. Drugs that cause Parkinsonism.
7. What are drugs decreasing preload and afterload?
8. Classify anti-arrhythmic drugs according to their site of action on intact heart.
9. Treatment of status epilepticus.
10. Adverse reactions of morphine.
11. Allopurinol: mechanism of action and uses.
12. Define dissociative anaesthesia, mention its character and give examples.
13. Adverse effects of aminoglycosides.
14. What is co-trimoxazole? Describe its mechanism of action and therapeutic uses.
15. Therapeutic indications, adverse effects of praziquaantel, state its dose and route of
16. Mention 4 antifungal drugs acting by four different mechanisms.
17. Explain the following drugs acting interactions:
a) Macropurine + Allopurinol.
b) Methotrexate + salicylate.
18. The adverse effects and toxicity of oral contraceptives.
19. Drug and hormones lowering blood calcium level.
20. Vascular action and use and adverse effects