) Praziquantel is used to treat all of the following .. EXCEPT :
a- Is used for prophylaxis of migraine
b- Is only used I.V
c- Can be used safely with ergot derivatives.
d- Is contraindicated in patients with vasospastic angina.
3) Fluvoxamine is used for the treatment of :
b- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
c- Anorexia nervosa
4) Drug of choice for Zollinger Ellison syndrome is:
b- Magnesium hydroxide
5) The anti-amoebic drug(s) that is (are) used for the treatment of intestinal and liver
b- Iodoquinol + Metronidazole
d- Tetracycline + Paromomycin
6) Clozapine is not used much now because :
a- It causes Agranulocytes
b- It has severe extrapyramidal side effects
7) Methemoglobinemia is caused by which of the following local anesthetics :
Regarding famotidine.. all true Except:
a- It inhibits the release of histamine and decreases acid secretion.
b- Works by inhibiting prostaglandin release.
c- Is used for GERD
9)Which of the following anti-cancer drugs works on the cell METAPHASE :
a- Is well absorbed.
b- Binds to the ulcerated mucosa and form a preotective layer ..
c- Causes systemic alkalosis.
d- Causes black tounge.
11) Regarding lithium, all true Except:
a- Has a sedative effect
b- It takes 2-3 weeks for the actions to appear.
c- Used in prophylaxis in unipolar depression.
d- Is teratogenic
12) Regarding anti-malarial drugs.. all true Except:
a- Prophylaxis for malaria is taken 1 week before and 4 weeks after traveling to a
place where malaria is endemic
b- Black water fever can happen after we give chloroquine in treating p. vivax.
c- Cinchonism can happen with quinine.
d- Chronic use of pyrimethamine causes megaloblastic anaemia.
13) All of the following are used to treat diar rhea Except:
d- Mg ++ sulphate
14) Imipramine is best used for :
a- Nocturnal enuresis.
15) Regarding isoniazid (INH).. all are true Except :
a- Works by inhibiting mycolic acid synthesis in tuberculus bacili.
b- It should NOT be co-administered with pyridoxine.
c- Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) is one of side effects.
16) Glucocorticoids .. all true except:
a- They are Bronchodilators
18) Sevoflurane .. all true Except:
a- Used for children
b- Has rapid onset and recovery
c- Is contraindicated in a patient with seizures
19) What is the combination for eradication of H.Pylori infection :
a- Bismuth + Amoxycillin + metronidazole
b- Bismuth + … + …
c- Omeprazole + amoxicillin + clarithromycin
20) Caspofungin .. all true Except :
a- Inhibits fungal cell wall synthesis
b- Can be given orally.
c- used in Aspergillosis
21) Regarding Fluticasone .. all true Except :
a- Works by the inhibition of Phospholipase A2
b- Potentiates B2 receptors.
c- When given as inhalers .. they have high bioavailability.
d- Are very useful in allergen-induced asthma.
22) Tricyclic anti-depressants can cause :
a- Severe sweating
c- Sexual dysfunction
23) A young female who had renal transplant developed lung fungal infection treated
with ketoconazole, which of the following immunosuppresants should undergo dose
b- CD3 inhibitors
24) Naloxone :
a- Potentiates the respiratory depression caused by morphine.
b- Can be given orally.
c- has a long T1/2
d- It precipitates an abstinene syndrome in dependent subject (Addict).
25) Benzodiazepines are used for all of the following Except :
26) Which of the following anti-viral drugs causes pancreatitis :
a- Can work by inhibiting the transmission of excitatory amino acids
b- Can be used as monotherapy for treatment of Grand-mal seizures
c- Can cause weight gain
d- Is an enzyme inhibitor.
29) What is the drug of choice for the treatment of Acute Asthma :
30) Which of the following anti-depressants is best used in a male with prostatic